Thursday, July 26, 2007

Now THAT'S Small Town Living For You

I mentioned that we've been tossing the idea of moving into an old house in a small town about an hour away. TH and I keep swinging towards and against the idea. It would be cool - it's a gorgeous old house, but it would be a TON of work getting our current house ready for the market. You know, the regular ups and downs of making a big decision. We're leaning towards 'no' at the moment, but that's apt to change with the wind.

Anyway, I got an email from TH's aunt yesterday. She forwarded on an email she received from the homeowner. Keep in mind that we haven't contacted the owners for a viewing of the house or anything. We've just been talking about it within our family. Here's what the email said:

(Husband's Aunt) -- heard there was someone in your family interested in our house.
Hope you don't mind, but I have attached an Acrobat file with info on the house.

Thanks
(Home Owner)

If that isn't small town living, I don't know what is.

2 comments:

Jess Riley said...

We always hem and haw about moving. It seems like so much work! So we just stay where we are and procrastinate more on everything we need to do in order to sell our house.

Lainey-Paney said...

When I was younger...I always said that I would NEVER live in a small town & how horrible & boring it must be to live in a small town...

Now, I'm a grown up. I have a child, and I live in a big city.
Suddenly, small town life seems somewhat appealing.

But...we also bought a 1949 house...old, but not really old...regardless, a lot of work. Old houses are a lot of work. Doing the work is rewarding....but just go into it with your eyes wide open.
Replacing glass knob fuses was...eventful for us. So was yanking out the turquois carpet from the kitchen...
Oh, gosh....now I'm thinking about all of the work we've done around here. Very rewarding, but so far for us---it's still not finished...and it's been 3 years!
But like I said---it's very rewarding...