Wednesday, June 27, 2007

For the Love of Royalty...

GOOD GRIEF!! Why do we care what Princess Di's favorite dessert recipes were?! There's a hyped up article about it here on the Today Show area of msnbc.com. Seriously. This is beyond pathetic. And yet I added to the article's visit count by clicking on it. She's been dead for ten years, but even when she was alive, the American obsession with her never made sense to me. I'm a people.com junkie, I'll admit it, celebrity gossip is my guilty pleasure, but seriously, let the poor princess rest in peace, for crying out loud.

Clearly, the bad mood has not yet passed.

5 comments:

Manic Mom said...

Give me Brangelina, Britney, Lindsay news any day. I like to read it to make fun of the living idiots. Not the unfortunate dead legends.

I remember clearly when the news hit about Diana--I was like 13 months pregnant with Ajers, and we were at a bar. Yes, there's something wrong with that! But no, I was not drinking!

I guess they're spurring up Diana news since it's the decade anniversary.

Manic Mom said...

Oops, I didn't mean that Brangelina were/was idiots. I actually dig Brad and Ange and would love to shadow them in their lives. But the other head-shaver-crotch-baring chickies--idiots.

Mailyn said...

I hate that they do this too. Just let her RIP.

Jenster said...

I'm with you. She was a fine human being, but please. Let her family get on with their lives and let her rest in peace.

Swishy said...

I agree ... and yet I still turned on the tribute concert at work today :)

I hope you're having a great trip!