Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Work Website Woes, Hazardous Hygeine, and Boring Bedtime Babbling

Yeah, I know I go overboard with the alliteration on my titles.

Work is slowly squashing the life out of me.... can't take it anymore.... will someone PLEASE figure out what's wrong with our "effing" web database so I can quit being on late night conference calls and working all hours?!? GAHHHHHHH!

On the way into work this morning I saw a man brushing his teeth in his car. What the hell...? Where do you spit when you brush your teeth in the car? And you know those splatters of toothpaste that end up on your counter and mirrors in the bathroom? Do you suppose those are on the inside of his car windshield? What an odd morning routine - and how dangerous is that, do you suppose? Worse than driving while eating, or not? I can't decide. I understand the dude might have been running late. But when I do that, or if I forget to brush my teeth, I use my spare toothbrush and toothpaste that I keep at the office. I also use it after lunch, but that's another story entirely. I hate the feeling of fuzzy teeth.

Sigh. I'm not feeling creative and have nothing interesting to say. The Husband is out of town and both of the girls are in my bed tonight, they begged to sleep with me. This is typical for Bumblebee, but Hollywood wanted to sleep with me too. Makes me feel like I'm excluding The Boy. But he's sleeping peacefully in his usual burrito fashion with his covers over his head and wrapped around him several times. It'll be nice to snuggle with the girls since TH is gone. Except that Bumblebee snores. Very loudly. But I can always turn on my iPod if it gets too loud. I have a classical playlist set up for when The Husband is having an especially snory night.

I suppose I should shut down my laptop and quit looking at the website performance reports. Tomorrow will be another fun day of explaining to the Senior VPs why our sites keep failing. Good times.

3 comments:

Swishy said...

I brushed my teeth in the car once. ONCE! Not on the way to work, either. I had to go to the dentist and I brushed in the car, rinsed with a water bottle and then opened the door and spit on the pavement at a stoplight. I dripped all over my shirt. I know it's disgusting. I would never do it again. Well, unless I was running super late to the dentist :)

Manic Mom said...

I need to pop over more often for some of your humor--LOL!

And I see you've motivated Swishy into some hardcore training!

Mom In Scrubs said...

Gross. I'm with you - spare toothbrush at work.

People do the weirdest things in their cars. I've seen people flossing in their cars. Driving with the knee? Figure that one out!

Just once I would like to see one of those drivingwith-one-hand-while-holding-a-cellphone-and-a-cigarette-in-the-other-hand people light their hair on fire - that would be SWEEEET...